Friday, May 8, 2009

Ala Moana Concert...


Dear Readers,

We just finished our Ala Moana Concert and it was awesome. The whole day was crazy. The whole day I was freaking out and getting nervous as the performance came closer. We packed up at 3:30 and went to Ala Moana to perform. We had 6 cars carrying musical instruments and gear for the concert. It felt like we were a real rock band.

When we got there, I felt like the adrenalin came to me. We set up and sound checked and headed back stage to get ready for the big show. When we started to play, the concert went by so fast. It felt like as soon as we played Tighten Up (our first song) we played Breakdown (which was our last song).

My favorite songs that we played were Sweet Darlin' and Iris. Our harmony in Sweet Darlin' was so tight. Also, I loved how the accompaniment of the orchestra filled the song Iris.

I want to perform again. Readers, if you are wondering if I am coming back next year, I am proud to say I am going to be in Funk Band next year (if we have one). So this will be my last blog. I will catch you next year. Don't worry, Mr. Zorn, I will practice during the summer OK?

Catch you later,
Micah G

No comments:

Post a Comment