Monday, May 11, 2009

Ala Moana CenterStage


Friday was our performance at Ala Moana CenterStage. It was amazing! I had so much fun and everything went so well. Setting up the stage took a while. It is really hard transporting all our equipment from school to Ala Moana and I really want to thank the parents who helped and the siblings and friends who helped as well.

After the stage was all set up and we were back stage, I felt so jittery and nervous. I don't remember being as nervous last year as I was this year. The whole week before Friday I kept trying to imagine the performance and it went better than I could have hoped for.

Iris was so good! The one song I was so extremely nervous about went as best as it could. I actually got compliments on my singing and it felt so good because I was afraid my voice would sound bad. And I also want to thank the orchestra for not sounding too bad either!

Once the performance was over I couldn't stop smiling. I just couldn't believe it was over - all our hard work for the year was done. When I think about it, it's pretty amazing how we went from the horrible performance on Friday Funk on the Lawn to an amazing performance at Ala Moana. I couldn't be happier.

Though this year is over for Funk Band, it certainly has been a year of ups and downs. And we'll be back next year, so don't forget about us - the Funk Band.

Have a good summer,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment